BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (www.bowergroupasia.com ) is a government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting premier multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific region. We are a fast-growing firm and seek a talented, highly motivated Myanmar Analyst in our Yangon office.
- Research and monitor business and investment sector issues, including party and government policies, regulatory developments, industry developments, consumer trends and issues, and business and investment opportunities on behalf BGA and clients.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy, and political implications of specific government regulations, policies, and laws at the national and provincial levels.
- Provide well-written, succinct, actionable reports to clients and to BGA leaders.
- Build networks and relationships with bureaucrats and public officials, the business community, civil society organizations, and consumer groups.
- Provide information and analysis on stakeholders relevant to BGA clients.
- Offer guidance and assistance in developing and implementing business, government relations, media, public affairs, and other strategies.
- Represent BGA at meetings as requested by BGA Myanmar leaders or by BGA headquarters.
- Provide other support as requested by BGA Myanmar leaders or by BGA headquarters.
We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high-performing Myanmar and global team.
Relevant qualifications include:
- Business level English, native level Burmese and excellent written and oral communications skills in both languages.
- Excellent research and analysis skills and knowledge of relevant business sectors such as health care, ICT, finance, natural resources, manufacturing, telecommunications and others.
- A keen understanding of, or ability to quickly learn Myamar’s political-economic environment and be able to navigate it on behalf of clients.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic internet applications are required, as is enthusiasm and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
University degree and relevant professional experience are required.