BowerGroupAsia, Inc. is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 19 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide services to clients in 22 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Analyst/Associate Analyst to join our Cambodia team based in Phnom Penh.
- Research and monitor selected business and investment sector issues, including government policies, legislative and regulatory developments, industry developments, consumer trends and issues, business and investment opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy, and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws.
- Provide well-written, succinct and actionable reports and presentations of research and information to clients, BGA Cambodia leadership and BGA headquarters.
- Build networks and relationships with officials, the business community, media outlets, civil society organizations, consumer groups and other relevant influencers.
- Provide information, mapping and analysis on stakeholders and other relevant actors.
- Advise and assist BGA clients in developing and implementing business, government relations, corporate social responsibility, media, public affairs, and other strategies.
- Represent BGA at meetings/events as required.
- Provide other services as requested by BGA Cambodia leadership or headquarters
We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated self-starter who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high-performing global team. A keen understanding of Cambodia’s political and regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of clients is required. Qualifications include:
- Native level Khmer and English fluency (both written and verbal) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite is required; proficiency in Slack, Salesforce and Tallie is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for and ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, master’s degree is preferred
- Knowledge of some of the following business sectors: Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), health care and pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, information and communications technology (ICT) retail, transportation, e-commerce, media and others.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, Cambodian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.