BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 19 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 22 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Deputy Director to join our Vietnam team based in Hanoi.
Reporting to, and taking guidance from the Managing Director, the Deputy Director will:
- Provide day-to-day leadership, support and mentoring to a team of analysts, researchers and account managers to help them perform at the highest level of service for BGA clients.
- Share client services and business development lead activities as assigned by the Managing Director and assume MD duties when the MD is out of the office.
- Lead and manage analysts and researchers to ensure a uniform, high-quality and timely presentation of deliverables that meets the demanding needs of BGA clients, including: inperson briefings, written products, presentations, conference calls and others.
- Manage and support Vietnam client services by:
- Briefing company executives on major Vietnam developments and supporting clients on the ground in Vietnam;
- Supporting and guiding the mapping and engaging of public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media, and other influencers by BGA Vietnam staff;
- Guiding the monitoring, analyzing and reporting on key public policy issues, regulatory and legislative developments;
- Coordinating with BGA headquarters and Asia offices as necessary.
- Manage and support Vietnam business development activities by:
- Representing BGA before major foreign companies seeking support in Vietnam and major Vietnamese companies seeking support in the broader Asia-Pacific region;
- Briefing company executives on major Vietnam developments;
- Coordinating with BGA headquarters and Asia offices on business development targets and engagements.
- Contribute to Vietnam political-economic analysis by gathering and analyzing politicaleconomic intelligence of use to BGA clients and internally within BGA; and working with Vietnam-based staff and BGA headquarters to disseminate analysis to clients and business development targets globally.
- Work collaboratively with BGA headquarters and Asia-based staff on a range of projects; provide further support internally and externally to advance BGA objectives; and represent BGA and BGA clients at meetings and events as needed.
- Design and implement systems to support and enhance personnel development, local infrastructure, training and delivery of professional services and products.
- Build and nurture networks with clients and corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts, and represent BGA before those constituencies as needed.
- Assist the Managing Director in recruitment of Vietnam staff.
We seek a collegial, highly motivated self-starter for a position that will emphasize externalfacing communication with companies, internal leadership, analytical skills and the ability to service BGA Vietnam clients. She/he must work independently and as an effective team member in supporting and anticipating client and internal needs and filling gaps.
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English and Vietnamese is required.
Ten years professional experience in related fields; managerial experience preferable. Aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
Proficiency in MS Office suite is required; proficiency in Slack, Salesforce and Tallie is a plus; enthusiasm for and ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required.
Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree, graduate degree is preferred.
Knowledge of some of the following business sectors: ICT, finance, media and entertainment, health care, energy and natural resources, defense, FMCG, retail and others.
A keen understanding of Vietnam’s evolving public policy environment and how to navigate it on behalf of global Fortune 500 clients.
Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, Vietnamese and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.