BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 19 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 22 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Director to join our India team based in New Delhi.
- Research and monitor government policies, legislative and regulatory developments, industry trends, media coverage and business and investment opportunities.
- Provide well-written, succinct and actionable reports for clients and for BGA internal analysis on select regulations, companies, situations and personalities.
- Build networks and relationships with mid- and senior-level public officials, the business community, corporate leaders, civil society organizations, the media and others.
- Represent BGA before foreign companies seeking support in India and Indian companies seeking support in Asia and engage in inward and outward bound business development.
- Brief company executives on major developments and support clients in India.
- Develop and implement strategies for public and government affairs, corporate social responsibility, media and civil society engagement for corporate clients.
- Other duties as required.
We seek a collegial, highly motivated self-starter for a position that will emphasize external facing communication with companies, analytical skills and the ability to develop business on behalf of BGA in India. She/he must work independently and as an effective team member in supporting and anticipating client and internal needs and filling gaps.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in native-level English is required.
- Ten years professional experience in related fields; managerial experience preferable.
Aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite is required; proficiency in Slack, Salesforce and Tallie is a plus; enthusiasm for and ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree, master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of some of the following business sectors: retail (including brick and mortar and e-commerce), ICT, finance and payments, media and entertainment, health care and pharmaceuticals, energy and natural resources, defense, FMCG and others.
- A keen understanding of India’s evolving regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of global Fortune 500 clients.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, Indian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.