BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (www.bowergroupasia.com) is a specialized advisory firm working with premier multinational companies and humanitarian organizations in Asia. Our Jakarta office is PT. BowerGroupAsia Indonesia and functions to serve our clients in Indonesia.
The ideal secretary or executive assistant candidate will be experienced in managing an executive’s schedule, a wide range of office administrative, and executive support related tasks. He or she should be able to work independently with minimal supervision. This person must be extremely well organized, very collegial, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a fast-growing team, with headquarters in Washington, DC.
The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient, is crucial to this role. Very good written and verbal communication skill, strong computer and excellent calendar management ability, proficiency at bookkeeping and information management, and attention to detail are all important.
Managing the Director’s Schedule
- Manage director’s schedules/Outlook calendars, arranging appointments, meetings, engagements and providing appropriate lead times and reminders, following up on scheduled appointments, taking the initiative to manage scheduling conflicts, preparing meeting material and confirming regular meetings.
- Collect receipts and compile report for director’s monthly expense/reimbursement.
- Ensure legal documents (e.g. visa, KITAS, passport) of director are up to date and assist in renewal process.
- Support director in responding to requests and tasks in orderly, planned, and timely fashion.
- Support meeting or presentation preparation when necessary.
- Arrange travel plan for business trip overseas or out of town (flight, transport, hotel, meetings).
Supporting Office Administration and Finance Functions
- Work closely with accounting office for staff’s reimbursement, office expense and petty cash report, insurance, taxes, BPJS, Jamsostek and other financial matters.
- Perform daily duties such as managing office supplies, managing office’s bills, maintaining procurement, asset and inventory, etc.
- Work closely with headquarters office in Washington DC on HR issues, client’s administrative requests and other related tasks.
- Respond to general inquiries and requests from internal and external stakeholders, answering, screening and directing calls, emails, and other messages.
- Record staff’s leave and support recruitment, new hires and resignation. Arrange logistics for visiting guests and organize office events.
- Indonesian citizenship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Indonesian.
- Superb and self-confident interpersonal skills in both English and Indonesian, with both international and Indonesian counterparts.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, Excel, Outlook and other software and in Internet applications.
- Interest and understanding of businesses and the private sector, the position and responsibilities of government officials, and international organizations.
- Superb sense of collegiality and superior sense of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent calendar management, scheduling, logistics skills.
- Sound organizational abilities and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- At least three years professional or relevant experience in institutional administration and/or as personal or executive assistant to senior private sector or international organization director or CEO.
Minimum diploma (D3) or bachelor’s degree (S1) or equivalent education or relevant experience.