BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 19 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 22 markets across the region. The Washington office functions as the company’s global headquarters. Our Headquarters Office in Washington, D.C., seeks an Intern for the Fall 2017 term (September – December).
- Provide research support for the headquarters office and BGA field offices throughout Asia relating to politics, economics, regulation, international trade, and business intelligence;
- Prepare and edit briefings, profiles, presentations, memos, research papers, BGA event handbooks and other materials for clients;
- Aid in the development of country specific news updates for clients;
- Monitor relevant news items for client updates on sector-specific developments;
- Cover events in Washington relating to the Asia-Pacific region at think tanks, universities, and other foreign policy relevant institutions and provide summaries to BGA staff;
- Provide logistical support for BGA events in Washington;
- Support the work of the BGA research team and senior directors and managing directors as needed;
- Assist with data inputting and other administrative tasks.
We seek a collegial and highly motivated colleague who is equally comfortable and effective working in small teams and independently and has the following skills:
- Strong research, analysis and writing skills and the ability to utilize them in conveying critical insights and information on political economy and the business policy environment is essential.
- Computer competence with Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and web browsing tools is required.
- Specific knowledge in some areas of business would be ideal, including but not limited to: finance, energy, information technology and electronics, transport and distribution, manufacturing, fast-moving consumer goods, agriculture, healthcare, and media.
- Specific knowledge of and experience with the Asia-Pacific region is also ideal.
- High proficiency in a Southeast Asian or South Asian language, or in Chinese Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV/resume to Head of Research Farrah Meisel email@example.com. Please note that this is a paid internship and a commitment of 20 hours per week is requested. Application deadline is July 24, 2017, or until the position is filled.