BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 19 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide services to clients in 24 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Senior Advisor to lead our Cambodia team based in Phnom Penh.
- Lead BGA’s Cambodia practice including client services, business development, political-economic
analysis, and other services as needed.
- Manage and support Cambodia client services by:
• Briefing company executives on major Cambodia developments and supporting clients on the ground in Cambodia;
• Supporting and guiding the mapping and engaging of public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media, and other influencers by BGA Cambodia staff;
• Guiding the monitoring, analyzing and reporting on key public policy issues, regulatory and legislative developments;
• Coordinating with BGA headquarters and Asia field offices as necessary.
- Manage and support Cambodia business development activities by
• Representing BGA before major foreign companies seeking support in Cambodia and major Cambodia companies seeking support in the broader Asia-Pacific region;
• Briefing company executives on major Asia-Pacific and Cambodia developments;
• Coordinating with BGA headquarters and Asia field offices on business development targets and engagements.
- Lead Cambodia political-economic analysis by gathering and analyzing political-economic
intelligence of use tBGA clients and internally within BGA; and working with Cambodia-based
staff and BGA headquarters to disseminate analysis to clients and business
development targets globally.
- Work collaboratively with BGA headquarters and Asia-based staff on a range of projects;
provide further support internally and externally to advance BGA objectives; and represent
BGA and BGA clients at meetings and events as needed.
- Assume overall responsibility for BGA Cambodia-based staff and contractors and the overall
functioning of the BGA Cambodia office.
We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated self-starter who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high-performing global team. A keen understanding of Cambodia’s political and regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of clients is required.
- Native level Khmer and English fluency (both written and verbal) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite is required, as is an ability to learn new technologies.
- Education: Minimum university bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: 15 years+ work experience in government, government affairs/public policy, business, journalism and/or other relevant fields.
- Knowledge of some of the following business sectors: Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), health care and pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, information and communications technology (ICT) retail, transportation, e-commerce, media and others.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, Cambodian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.