Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia (www.bowergroupasia.com ) is a specialized business advisory firm working with premier multinational companies in Asia. Our Jakarta office is PT. BowerGroupAsia Indonesia.
BGA brings unparalleled expertise, experience and networks in Indonesia and throughout Asia to support the world’s top companies in facilitating investments, understanding countries’ political, regulatory, and business dynamics, solving problems, managing risk and capturing new opportunities. In Indonesia, BGA has expert knowledge of Indonesia’s regulatory environment, politics, markets, government, businesses, media, and civil society.
We are seeking an Analyst for PT BGA Indonesia Jakarta office.
- Research and monitor selected business and investment sector issues, including government policies, legislative and regulatory developments, industry developments, consumer trends and issues, business and investment opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy, and political implications of specific government regulations, policies, and laws at national, district, city and provincial levels.
- Provide well-written, succinct and actionable reports and presentations of research and information to clients.
- Possess a willingness and ability to build networks and relationships with bureaucrats, regulators, other public officials, parliament members and DPR commission staff, the business community, media, civil society organizations, and consumer groups.
- Provide information and analysis on selected politicians, bureaucrats, regulators, and companies, business people, and other relevant actors.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing and implementing government relations, media, public affairs, corporate social responsibility, and other strategies.
- Represent BGA and clients at meetings with stakeholders.
- Provide other assistance and services as requested by the Managing Director.
We seek a collegial, highly motivated individual who can work both independently and as part of teams, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high performing national, regional and US-based network of staff and consultants. An appreciation of the key role of the private sector in generating jobs and accelerating development in Indonesia is essential. A keen understanding of Indonesia’s political and regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of clients is required.
Relevant qualifications include strong research, writing, analysis, communication and presentation skills and computer competence. Knowledge in one or more of the following sectors is preferred but not required: energy (oil, gas, mining), telecommunications, fast-moving consumer goods, health care and pharmaceuticals, finance, manufacturing and industry, or other key business sectors. The candidate should be nimble and collaborative in interacting with officials in all branches and working levels of government, as well as with colleagues, clients, civil society, the media, and with Indonesian and international businesses.
Applicants are required to have a university degree (in business, law, economics, politics, journalism, media, or other social sciences and relevant fields) and be experienced professionally regardless of degree background.
Applicants must be fluent in both written and oral Indonesian and English and be an Indonesian citizen. This position is based in Jakarta and reports to the Managing Director and Research Director.