Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 22 offices, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 25 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly-motivated Analyst to join our Malaysia team based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Research and monitor developments in various sectors, including government policy, regulatory developments, sector developments, consumer trends and issues, and business and investment opportunities on behalf of BGA’s clients.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws at the national and state levels.
- Provide well-written, succinct, actionable reports to clients and to BGA leaders.
- Build networks and relationships with bureaucrats and public officials, the business community, civil society organizations and consumer groups.
- Provide information and analysis on stakeholders relevant to BGA clients.
- Offer guidance and assistance in developing and implementing business, government relations, media, public affairs and other strategies.
- Represent BGA at meetings as requested by BGA leaders.
- Provide other support as requested by BGA leaders.
- Provide translation and interpretation (between English and Bahasa Malayu) when needed.
We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager and highly motivated professional who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs and be part of a high-performing global team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in professional-level English and native-level Bahasa Malaysian are required.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- A keen understanding of Malaysia’s political and economic environment and knowledge of relevant business sectors such as ICT, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, energy and natural resources, finance, insurance and/or others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic internet applications is required, as is enthusiasm and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in providing local advisory services for international clients is preferred.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.