Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 22 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 26 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly-motivated Analyst to join our high-performing team in Singapore.
- Research and monitor government policy, regulatory developments, sector developments (including information and communications technology, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy, fintech and others), consumer trends and issues, and business and investment opportunities on behalf of BGA’s clients.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws. Keep abreast on relevant news to clients and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
- Provide well-written, succinct and actionable reports and presentations of research and information (including stakeholder mapping) to clients and colleagues.
- Advise and assist BGA clients in developing and implementing business, government relations, corporate social responsibility, media, public affairs and other strategies.
- Develop talking points for client update calls in coordination with the relevant senior director and managing director.
- Represent BGA at meetings and events as requested by BGA leadership.
- Gather business intelligence by cultivating relationships with relevant government officials, professional communities, media outlets, civil society organizations and industry stakeholders.
- Track interaction with stakeholders in Salesforce, ensuring that contacts are updated, engagement is logged and follow-ups are moved through the various BGA offices.
- Provide other services, including occasional administrative tasks, as needed.
- We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated professional who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high-performing global team. A keen understanding of Singapore’s political and regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of clients is required. Qualifications include:
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree is preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum three to four years of relevant experience working in government, a multinational corporation, journalism and/or consulting strongly preferred.
- Strong research, editing and written and verbal communication skills in native English are required. Knowledge of one or more Asian-Pacific languages is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: information and communications technology, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy and/or fintech
- Aptitude for engaging confidently and thoughtfully with corporate representatives, government officials of various nationalities and levels, civil society and the media.
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce is a plus.