Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is a government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting premier multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. The Washington office functions as the company’s global headquarters. We are a fast-growing firm and seek an Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Manage and maintain the COO’s schedule. Interact with both internal and external executives, consultants and assistants to coordinate meetings.
- Prepare COO for meetings and undertake follow-up actions. Compile pre- and post-meeting briefing notes, enter into company database and distribute to correct personnel.
- Record meeting notes. Act as secretary for a series of regular, institutional meetings, file notes in internal system and distribute appropriately.
- Manage the COO’s travel. Book reservations and appointments, obtain travel visas and work with travel agents and internal company personnel; compile travel documents at the end of the COO’s travel and create reports that document spending for accounting.
- Track and record COO’s monthly company expenses.
- Hand-deliver documents for review and signature on the COO’s behalf. Pick up documents in Fairfax, Virginia and transport them to and from other locations in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including elsewhere in Fairfax, Tyson’s Corner and downtown Washington.
- Conduct additional administrative duties. These include, but are not limited to, entering stakeholder contact information into internal systems, communicating with company personnel, helping to coordinate company events, etc.
The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations. He/she can manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail-oriented and collegial. He/she should feel comfortable interacting with a range of internal and external interlocutors, in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
- 3-5 years of prior experience serving as an administrative assistant or executive assistant to senior leaders, particularly in the private sector.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work with a significant amount of independence and to bring a positive attitude, sense of humor and flexibility to the role.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong desire to embrace and utilize additional technologies.
- Expertise, experience or strong interest in Asia.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.