Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 22 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 26 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly-motivated Associate based in Australia to join our high-performing global team, to supply research and client support for Australia and other Pacific markets, including New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Brunei.
Conduct research, monitoring and analysis:
- Research and monitor government policy, regulatory developments, sector developments (including information and communications technology, energy, healthcare, fintech, logistics and others), consumer trends and issues, and business and investment opportunities on behalf of BGA’s clients.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws at the national and state levels.
- Contribute content and editing to research products, including news flashes, client memos, the half-yearly report, and others, as requested by the Head of Research.
- Keep abreast on relevant news to clients and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
Provide client service support:
- Provide guidance and assistance in developing and implementing business, government relations, media, public affairs and other strategies.
- Track interaction with clients in Salesforce, ensuring that contacts are updated, engagement is logged and follow-ups and to-do lists are moved through the various BGA offices.
- Develop talking points for client update calls in coordination with the relevant senior director and managing director.
- Represent BGA at meetings and events as requested by BGA leadership and draft targeted meeting notes to share with colleagues and clients (Australia-only).
- Gather business intelligence by cultivating relationships with relevant government officials (including federal and state-level officials), foreign embassy officials and other government, civil society and industry stakeholders to gather relevant information and intelligence for clients (Australia-only).
This position will report directly to the BGA Australia Managing Director for any responsibilities pertaining to Australia and to the Head of Research for all other responsibilities.
The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations. He or she can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, collegial and comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors. Qualifications include:
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree is preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum three to five years of relevant experience working in government, a multinational corporation, journalism and/or consulting.
- Strong research, editing and written and verbal communication skills in native English. Knowledge of one or more Asian-Pacific languages is a plus.
- A keen understanding of Australia’s political and economic environment. Prior experience researching or working on issues related to New Zealand, Fiji, Brunei, Papua New Guinea and/or other regional markets is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: healthcare, pharmaceuticals, energy, information and communications technology, defense/security and/or fintech.
- Aptitude for engaging confidently and thoughtfully with corporate representatives, government officials of various nationalities and levels, civil society and the media.
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule, including evening hours and occasional weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce and/or Pardot is a plus.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV/resume to BGA Head of Research Kevin Cottrell at email@example.com and BGA Australia Managing Director Fergus Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is July 8, 2019, or until the position is filled. Applicants based in Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne will be considered.