Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 22 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide services to clients in 25 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated, charismatic Director to lead our Bangladesh team.
The candidate should be motivated to help the world’s premier companies understand Bangladesh, find alignment with customers, communities and key stakeholders and to help Bangladesh evolve by considering the ideas and capabilities of top tier companies who want to invest in Bangladesh.
- Lead BGA’s Bangladesh practice including client services, business development, political-economic analysis, and other services as needed.
- Assume overall responsibility for BGA Bangladesh-based staff and contractors and the overall functioning of the BGA Bangladesh office.
- Design and implement systems to support and enhance delivery of professional services and products.
- Identify, develop and mentor talented people to build the expertise of BGA Bangladesh and help colleagues evolve professionally.
- Work with BGA’s teams throughout Asia and the United States to innovate and develop best practices, including sharing innovations developed within BGA Bangladesh and adapting innovations and good ideas developed by other BGA colleagues.
- Work with BGA’s finance, legal and operations team to coordinate these functions in Bangladesh.
- Other duties as required.
- Engage with executives from client and business development companies at multiple levels from c-suite to senior executive to working level to ensure alignment and deep understanding. Clients can include Bangladesh-based companies working in other countries as well as clients being supported in Bangladesh.
- Build and nurture networks and relationships with clients, as well as other business and corporate executives, bureaucrats and public officials, politicians, journalists, analysts, intellectuals, civil society experts, and other leaders.
- Research and monitor government policies, legislative and regulatory developments, industry trends, media coverage and business and investment opportunities.
- Provide well-written, succinct and actionable reports for clients and for BGA internal analysis on select laws, regulations, companies, situations and personalities.
- Brief clients on public policy developments and provide insights on the political economy and the investment climate of Bangladesh as it pertains to specific company interests and demands.
- Ensure uniform, high-quality and timely presentation of deliverables that meets the demanding needs of BGA clients, including: in-person briefings, written products, presentations, conference calls and others.
- Develop and implement strategies for public and government affairs, corporate social responsibility, media and civil society engagement for corporate clients.
- Coordinate with BGA headquarters and Asia offices as necessary.
- Engage and develop relationships with executives of companies BGA is targeting for business development who are seeking support in Bangladesh and executives of Bangladeshi companies seeking support in Asia and the United States.
- Develop personal ties with leaders of companies interested in working with BGA in Bangladesh and in other countries.
- Travel, as needed, to represent BGA in other markets to meet new business prospects and colleagues.
- Represent BGA at chambers of commerce, professional and trade associations and other external groups and events.
- Develop and implement a business development strategy for BGA Bangladesh, in concert with BGA corporate leadership.
- Market BGA services throughout Bangladesh and around Asia, as required.
We seek a collegial, highly motivated self-starter, who intrinsically understands and values the importance of people and relationships to business success and growth. The ideal candidate should anticipate client needs and understand how to effectively investigate, analyze and convey critical insights and information on Bangladesh’s political economy and business policy environment to corporate executives. Qualifications include:
- Language skills: Native level English is required.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in government, government relations, business, political-economic analysis, research and/or related fields is required; managerial experience is preferable.
- Aptitude for public speaking and presentations and ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate representatives, government officials of various nationalities and levels, civil society and the media.
- Knowledge of how foreign business and government interact and relate in Bangladesh is a strong plus, as is experience in any of the following business sectors in the Bangladesh context: information and communication technologies (ICT), energy, e-commerce, finance and payments, media and entertainment, health care and pharmaceuticals, aerospace and defense, and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
- Technology: Proficiency in MS Office suite is required, along with an enthusiasm for and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Prior knowledge of or experience with SalesForce or Slack is a plus.
- Education: University degree in business, law, economics, politics, journalism, media, or other social sciences and relevant fields is required; graduate degree preferred.