BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 21 offices in the Asia-Pacific, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 25 markets across the region. The Washington D.C. office functions as the company’s global headquarters. Our Washington D.C. office seeks an intern for the Spring 2019 term (February-May).
- Provide research support for the Washington D.C. office and BGA field offices in Asia relating to politics, economics, regulation, international trade and business intelligence;
- Prepare and edit briefings, profiles, presentations, memos, research papers, BGA event handbooks and other materials for clients;
- Aid in the development of country specific news updates for clients;
- Monitor relevant news items for client updates on sector-specific developments;
- Cover events in Washington relating to the Asia-Pacific region at think tanks, universities and other relevant institutions and provide summaries to BGA staff;
- Provide logistical support for BGA events in Washington;
- Support the work of the BGA research team and larger client services team as needed;
- Assist with data inputting and other administrative tasks.
We seek a collegial and highly motivated colleague who is equally comfortable and effective working in small teams and independently and has the following skills:
- Strong research, analysis, writing and editing skills and the ability to utilize them in conveying critical insights on the political economy and business policy environment is essential. Familiarity with the AP Stylebook will be a plus.
- Computer competence with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web browsing tools is required.
- Specific knowledge in some areas of business would be ideal, including but not limited to: finance, energy, information technology and electronics, transport and distribution, manufacturing, fast-moving consumer goods, agriculture, healthcare and media.
- Specific knowledge of and experience with the Asia-Pacific region is also ideal.
- High proficiency in an Asian language will be an advantage.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV/resume and short writing sample (2-4 pages) to Head of Research Kevin Cottrell at email@example.com. Please note that this is a paid internship and a commitment of 15 hours per week is requested.
Application deadline is February 18, 2019, or until the position is filled.