Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 21 offices in Asia and Washington, D.C., BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 25 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Junior Analyst to join our Malaysia team based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Research and monitor business and investment sector issues, including government policies, legislative and regulatory developments, industry developments, market trends and issues, and business and investment opportunities on behalf of BGA and clients.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws at national, state and city levels.
- Provide well-written, succinct and actionable reports and presentations of research and information to clients and BGA leadership.
- Build networks and relationships with professional communities, media outlets, civil society organizations and groups and other influencers.
- Advise and assist BGA clients in developing and implementing business, government relations, corporate social responsibility, media, public affairs and other strategies.
- Represent BGA at meetings/events as requested by BGA leadership.
- Provide other services, including administrative tasks, as requested by BGA leadership.
We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager and highly motivated professional who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs and be part of a high-performing global team. Qualifications include:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in professional-level English and native-level Bahasa Malaysia are required.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- A keen understanding of Malaysia’s political and economic environment and knowledge of relevant business sectors such as ICT, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, energy and natural resources, finance, insurance and/or others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic internet applications is required, as is enthusiasm and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Experience in providing local advisory services for international clients is preferred.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.