Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the premier government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Senior Director to manage client accounts globally. Location in select U.S. or Asian cities is negotiable.
- Manage, maintain and expand a portfolio of BGA client relationships by ensuring best-in-class advisory service, products and analysis and by nurturing client relationships, focusing on people and building trust.
- Ensure on-time delivery of high-quality services and products to BGA clients. This requires collaborating with teams of researchers, analysts, country leaders and senior leadership across the company, as well as continuous interaction with clients to ensure client satisfaction and delivery on contracted services.
- Coordinate company-wide projects by working with BGA staff across the globe and adding value into final products for external delivery or internal usage.
- Build and nurture networks and relationships with clients, business and corporate executives, foreign and domestic public officials, analysts, intellectuals, journalists and civil society experts and leverage those networks in support of BGA client services by gathering and analyzing intelligence and advising clients on government, private sector and civil society engagement.
- Engage in high-level business diplomacy with clients and stakeholders across government, business and civil society.
- Contribute to BGA’s political-economic risk analysis and forecasting and government affairs and public policy strategizing through written products and client briefings.
- Represent BGA at business meetings and other forums and generally support BGA activities as needed in one of the company’s senior positions.
- Once comfortable in the client services role, engage in high-level business development activities by building networks; meeting with and maintaining ongoing communications with potential clients; developing scopes of work; and coordinating business development activities with BGA headquarters and Asia-based leadership.
The senior director position combines high-level client relations with the skills and responsibilities required for internal management and leadership. The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations. He/she can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and collegial. He/she should feel comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors and should enjoy the various challenges of supporting large multinational corporations operating in the Asia-Pacific. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient, is crucial to this role.
- Expertise and/or extensive experience in the Asia-Pacific.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in native-level English; proficiency in an Asian language is a strong plus.
- Seven to 15 years of experience in work requiring research, analysis and writing; managerial experience would be helpful.
- Aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- Superb and self-confident interpersonal skills, with both American and international counterparts.
- Ability to travel to travel between the U.S. and Asia as needed.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic internet applications are required, as is enthusiasm and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree, although a graduate degree in public policy, international affairs, journalism, business or related fields is preferred.
- The position reports to the Vice President for Talent.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.