Who We Are:
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the premier government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Senior Manager for Healthcare in New Delhi to support a growing client services team.
- Manage a portfolio of clients with a focus on the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector, among others.
- Ensure a uniform, high-quality and timely presentation of deliverables that meets the demanding needs of BGA clients, including: in-person briefings, written products, presentations, conference calls and others.
- Guide the monitoring, analysis and reporting on key public policy issues, regulatory and legislative developments, and brief client executives on major developments.
- Map and engage public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media, and other influencers.
- Build and nurture networks with clients and corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts, and represent BGA before those constituencies as needed.
- Identify common themes and motivations across industries based on requested deliverables.
- Seek and initiate opportunities to raise BGA India’s profile, to find opportunities for select staff to attend relevant events, and to demonstrate market leadership and value publicly and to select audiences.
- Seek opportunities for BGA India to contribute to media exposure through expert quotes in top tier print, broadcast or online media, podcasts, op-eds and interviews.
- Work collaboratively with the BGA Washington team, including the Client Services Team, senior directors, and others, and Asia-based staff on a range of projects and provide further support internally and externally to advance BGA objectives.
- Identify strategic partnerships with institutions or expert individuals who can bring added value to business development and client retention efforts.
The senior manager position combines high-level client relations with the skills and responsibilities required for building relationships with key interlocutors in the market and internal management and leadership. The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations.
She/he can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and collegial. She/he should feel comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors and should enjoy the various challenges of supporting large multinational corporations operating in the Asia-Pacific. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient, is crucial to this role.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in native-level English is required.
- 5-10 years professional experience in the government affairs, public policy or the pharmaceutical and medical device industry is preferable.
- Aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite is required; proficiency in Slack, Salesforce and Tallie is a plus; enthusiasm for and ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree, master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of some of the following business sectors: retail (including brick and mortar and e-commerce), ICT, finance and payments, media and entertainment, health care and pharmaceuticals, energy and natural resources, defense, FMCG and others.
- A keen understanding of India’s evolving regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of global Fortune 500 clients.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, Indian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is March 30, 2019, or until the position is filled.