A journalist by profession, Akshobh works with BGA clients as a director of client services to help them navigate and understand the public policy and strategic communications landscape across the Asia-Pacific. Prior to joining BGA, he was a consultant with the World Bank in Washington, D.C.
Akshobh was based in Singapore for seven years, four of which as a reporter and producer with MediaCorp’s Channel News Asia covering foreign policy and international business news. He reported extensively on investor sentiment, tech trends, Fortune 500 companies, startups and interviewed Singaporean policymakers and visited foreign dignitaries.
Akshobh started his career in Singapore with ESPN STAR Sports, where he worked as a sports producer. His foray into the world of sports broadcasting began after he finished in the quarter-finals of a pan-India talent hunt for the next sports broadcasting face of ESPN STAR Sports.
Akshobh has written on diverse topics such as geopolitics, business, tech and sports and has published articles for outlets such as The Diplomat, The National Interest, the Observer Research Foundation, FirstPost and ThePrint. He is a two-time TEDx speaker and has moderated several panels at major tech conferences in Singapore.
Akshobh has two master’s degrees: one in international affairs from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University and a second master’s in journalism from Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication in Pune, India. He has an undergraduate degree in commerce from the H.R. College of Commerce and Economics at the University of Mumbai, India.
- Communications Consultant, World Bank (Oct 2019 – Jan 2020)
- Business News Reporter & Producer, Channel NewsAsia, MediaCorp (July 2013 – July 2017)
- Programming Executive in the Programming & Acquisitions Department, ESPN STAR Sports (July 2011 – July 2013)
- Sports Producer, ESPN STAR Sports (July 2010 – July 2011)
- North America
- South Asia
- Government Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Marketing Media
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
- Think Tank
- Travel & Tourism
- Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University (2017-2019)— Master of Arts in Law & Diplomacy
- Civic Honors, Fletcher ASEAN Society Head, Fletcher Political Risk Group
- Symbiosis International University (2008-2010)— Master of Mass Communications
- Editor of the Symbiosis News Wire and the BangKwang Times
- HR College of Commerce & Economics, University of Mumbai (2005-2008)— Bachelor of Commerce
- Won Outstanding Contribution Award and Promising Student Award in 2008
- Contributing Columnist, moneycontrol.com (2020-Present)
- Contributing Columnist, Observer Research Foundation (2017-Present)
- Adviser, TEDx NTU (2010- Present)