Jay brings more than a decade of experience providing high-level government relations and public policy support to Fortune 100 companies and leading private investment groups doing business in Southeast Asia.
Jay joined BGA after having led the first nationwide rollout of telecommunications tower infrastructure in Myanmar by foreign companies. As a project director for Pan Asia Tower, which built more than 1,200 towers across Myanmar, Jay spearheaded the company’s legal department and handled government and regulatory affairs with local, state and national authorities. He conducted due diligence and compliance on local contractors and maintained key relationships with clients and financial stakeholders.
Prior to working in Myanmar, Jay served as a political and business advisor for prominent private investment groups and international companies with operations in Southeast Asia. He provided critical on-the-ground management support and intelligence for client projects in Bangkok and Jakarta. During this time, Jay covered a wide range of industry sectors including energy, telecommunications, healthcare, consumer goods, banking and special situations investments.
Before moving to the region, Jay worked in Washington, D.C., as a research associate for BrooksBowerAsia. He held the Mainland Southeast Asia portfolio and provided clients with in-depth research and analysis on important political and business developments in the region. Jay also worked for AFA Press where he produced special country and theme-based advertising reports for publishing in major international newspapers and magazines.
Jay received a master’s degree in international relations from the University of California, San Diego, where he specialized in Southeast Asian affairs and Thai and Mandarin Chinese languages. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Georgia State University. Jay and his wife live in Bangkok with their two children.
- Senior Director, BowerGroupAsia (Dec 2016-Present)
- Government and Regulatory Affairs Director, Pan Asia Tower (Dec 2013-Oct 2016)
- Investments Advisor, KBC Asia (May 2011-Dec 2013)
- Regional Analyst, BrooksBowerAsia (Jun 2010-May 2011)
- Government Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Private Equity
- University of California, San Diego (2007)— International Affairs and Pacific Studies
- Georgia State University (2000)— Political Science, International Affairs
- Thammasat University (2003)— Thai Studies Program
- Volunteer, Miriam’s Kitchen
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity