Will brings a strong background in Northeast Asia, and particularly China, to his role as a director in BowerGroupAsia’s Washington office. In addition to ensuring that client needs are met in a comprehensive and timely manner with top-notch service, Will also oversees BGA’s programming in Washington, D.C.
Prior to joining BGA, Will served as an analyst with The Asia Group supporting government affairs across a range of industries in the Asia-Pacific. He also brings experience in corporate intelligence from Kroll Inc., a due diligence firm. Will began his professional career in China, where he worked in business development for a medium-sized Chinese digital art company, engaging some of the world’s largest video game development firms.
Will is the head of Young China Watchers—Washington, D.C., the newest chapter of a 4,000-member strong organization with 10 chapters across the globe. In 2016, he was selected to participate in the year-long “Future Leaders” Program hosted by the Foreign Policy Initiative, a Washington think tank.
Will received a master’s degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in 2014. Proficient in Chinese, he received a certificate from the Hopkins-Nanjing Center at Nanjing University, where he studied graduate-level courses in Mandarin under Chinese university professors. Will received his bachelor’s degree from Pomona College.
- Founder- Chapter Head, Young China Watchers— Washington, D.C. (Aug 2017-Present)
- Intern-Analyst, The Asia Group (Jan-Jul 2015)
- Intern, Kroll (Jan-Aug 2014)
- Business Development Associate, Adia Entertainment Ltd. (March-July 2013)
- Northeast Asia
- Government Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Research & Development
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Government Affairs
- Medical Devices
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (2013-2014)— Master of Arts in International Affairs & International Economics with a concentration in China Studies, Specialization, and Quantitative Studies
- Johns Hopkins University- Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies (2012-2013)— Certificate in China Studies
- Graduate School Chinese-language courses in Sociology, Politics, Law and Economics.
- Pomona College (2008-2012)— Bachelor of Arts in Asian Studies
- Chapter Head, Young China Watchers— Washington, DC (Aug 2017-Present)
- Jamestown Foundation Young Professionals Program (2018-2019)
- Foreign Policy Initiative Future Leader Fellow (2016-2017)
- “Beyond Pompeo’s Mongolia Miss: A Firm Foundation for US-Mongolia Relations,” Mongolia Weekly, 10 October 2020
- “Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia (Panel): Going Global: The China Factor,” The GW Confucius Institute, November 2018
- See Will’s collection in The Cipher Brief