Imran is a public policy and strategy consulting professional with a focus on emerging countries, with over two decades of experience in socio-economic and information communication technology policy issues, education and the financial technology space. He has worked with both the public and private sectors.
Prior to joining BGA, Imran served as a public sector consultant for Dell which led to a government agreement to empower 10,000 women with information computer technology skills. Earlier he worked beginning in 2016 as a senior director for the Asia-Pacific of PS-Engage, based in Singapore. In Bangladesh, Imran served with Microsoft from 2004 to 2012 as the public sector director, working with the government as a trusted advisor on various policies across different sectors including education, health, the financial services industry, and national safety and security. Before joining Microsoft, Imran worked for IBM for six years.
In recognition of his professional contributions, Imran has been awarded numerous professional awards, including Microsoft’s Gold Star Award (2010) and IBM’s Asia Pacific Professional Achievement Award (1996).
Imran received his master’s in science degree from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. For his academic excellence, Imran became the university’s first recipient of the EDAPHOS award. In his spare time, Imran likes reading, writing, watching sports and he has even acted in a Bengali movie. Imran’s life revolves around his wonderful wife and loving daughter.
- Senior Director-Asia Pacific, PS Engage (Jan 2016 – Jun 2019)
- Public Sector Consultant, Dell (Jan 2013 – Aug 2013)
- Public Sector Manager, Director & Team Leader, Microsoft-Bangladesh (2004 – 2012)
- IBM Server Specialist, IBM (1994 – 2000)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Government Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Food & Beverage
- Government Affairs
- Not for Profit
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
- Travel & Tourism
- University of Dhaka (1987-1998)— Master of Science
- University of Dhaka (1985-1987)— Bachelor of Science with Honors
- Notre Dame College-Dhaka (1982-1984)— Higher School Certificate in Science
- University of London (1982)— General Certificate of Education, O’Levels
- Microsoft Gold Star Award (2010)
- IBM Country Manager’s Award (1999)
- IBM Asia-Pacific Professional Achievement Award (1996 & 1997)