Chullanté‘s command of economic, political and social trends in Sri Lanka makes him a unique leader with a broad and deep network throughout the country. He has over 30 years of experience in trade and investment promotion, private sector development, policy planning implementation, management of chambers of commerce and international development cooperation.
Chullanté previously served as the International Trade Centre’s national consultant to the National Export Strategy of Sri Lanka and as Sri Lanka senior technical advisor for local economic governance at The Asia Foundation. He is a United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) trainer-of-trainers in maritime transport and freight forwarding.
His previous positions include 16 years leading the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce, including as secretary-general of the Sri Lanka Shippers’ Council. He was a senior consultant to GTZ Sri Lanka, project manager at the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Invest-in-Peace Project and program manager and field coordinator of the UNDP Sri Lanka Tsunami Recovery Unit (2006). He also served as executive director of the American Chamber of Commerce in Sri Lanka for three years until 2011.
Chullanté received the U.S. Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Development Program Award for the private sector in 1993. He is a chartered transportant and a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport United Kingdom, with professional qualifications in international logistics and transport. Chullanté has post graduate qualifications in international business and international trade law from the Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. He holds dual Australian and Sri Lankan citizenship.
- Economics and Private Sector Advisor, Carno International Development in Melbourne, Australia (Jan 2020 – Present)
- National Consultant- National Export Strategy of Sri Lanka, International Trade Center (ITC) in Geneva, Switzerland (Jan 2017 – July 2018)
- Senior Technical Advisor, The Asia Foundation in Sri Lanka (May 2011 – Sept 2015)
- Executive Director, The American Chamber of Commerce in Sri Lanka (Jan 2009 – April 2011)
- Project Manager of the Invest-in-Peace Project of United Nations Development Program and the Tsunami Recovery Project of the UNDP for the Southern District of Sri Lanka (Oct 2004- Oct 2006)
- Pre-eminent Private Sector National Business Organization in Sri Lanka (1986-2002)
- Secretary-General & CEO, The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce (1992 – 2002)
- Sri Lanka
- Government Affairs
- International Logistics
- International Trade Law
- Maritime Transport
- Not for Profit
- Think Tank
- Travel & Tourism
- Monash University (2004)— International Trade Law
- Monash University (2003)— International Business: Theory & Practice
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in London (1995)— International Logistics
- Accredited Mediator, Commercial Meditation Center of Sri Lanka (2000)
- The Chartered Institute of Logisitics & Transport, United Kingdom
- Alumni, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- Alumni, Netherlands Alumni Association
- Wildlife & Nature Protection Society of Sri Lanka
- Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka
- Honorary Member of the Sri Lanka Shippers Council (2016)
- Honors Award for Services to the Shipping & Logistics Industry of Sri Lanka (2015)
- Global Commerce Excellence award – Individual’s Category (2014)
- International Visitor Leadership Development Program (1993)— United States Department of State Private Sector Recipient