Lara provides full contract life cycle support starting from contract start-up all the way to close-out in her role as contracts manager. She has years of contracts management experience. Prior to joining BGA, Lara was a contracts administrator for various consulting firms around Washington, D.C.
Earlier Lara was an English as a second language (ESL) high school teacher in Malaysia and worked as an ESL instructor at Northern Virginia Community College. She left teaching and moved to her first corporate job as an executive assistant to a chief executive officer for a training provider company, where she took contracts management classes that kicked started her contracts management career.
Lara holds a master’s degree in foreign languages, with a concentration in teaching English to speakers of other languages from West Virginia University. She received a bachelor’s degree in education, with a concentration in teaching English as a second language from Universiti Teknologi MARA in Malaysia.
Lara speaks fluent Malay, conversational Indonesian and survival Spanish. She has visited 20 countries, 43 U.S. states and 20 U.S. National Parks. She is a PADI certified scuba diver, an avid hiker and a Broadway enthusiast.
- Senior Contracts Administrator, Acumen Solutions (Jan 2018-May 2019)
- Senior Contracts Administrator, MorganFranklin Consulting (Sep 2015-Jan 2018)
- Contracts Administrator, Digital Intelligence Systems (Aug 2014-Sep 2015)
- West Virginia University (2010)— Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (2008)— Bachelor of Arts in Teaching English as A Second Language