Martin is responsible for managing, maintaining and expanding a portfolio of BGA client relationships by ensuring best-in-class advisory service, products and analysis. He also engages in high-level business diplomacy with clients and stakeholders across government, business and civil society.
Martin is an experienced government affairs professional with over 15 years of experience in Southeast Asia and the United States with the Smiths Group, General Electric (GE) and the U.S.-ASEAN Business Council.
As head of government relations and business development at Smiths Group, Martin devised and executed the company’s relationships with key government and regulatory officials across the Asia Pacific region. He also provided strategic leadership to business development efforts in the region, by identifying and pursuing commercial opportunities that promote future growth.
Earlier, Martin was the director of government affairs and policy for GE Indonesia where he was responsible for leading and managing government relations for the company’s business and services in Indonesia.
Martin spent eight years with the U.S.-ASEAN Business Council, which promotes trade and investment between the United States and Southeast Asia, before joining GE. He began work at the council in Washington, D.C., in 2003 as manager for ASEAN and APEC Affairs. He moved to Singapore in 2007 to serve as the council’s regional director.
Martin earned a bachelor’s degree in international business from George Washington University and a Master of Business Administration in management of global information technology from American University in the United States. He resides in Singapore with his wife and three daughters.
- Head of Government Relations and Business Development – Asia Pacific, Smiths Group
- Director, Government Affairs and Policy – Indonesia, General Electric (GE)
- Manager, Government Affairs and Policy – ASEAN, General Electric (GE)
- Regional Director, US-ASEAN Business Council
- Government Affairs
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Food & Beverage
- Government Affairs
- Medical Devices
- American University— Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- The George Washington University— Bachelor of Business Administration
- Contributed Chapter 10 titled “ASEAN: An Integrated Market?” in “ASEAN: Life After the Charter”, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2010