Oom brings a strong background in policy and strategic communications to her role leading BGA’s strategic communications services for clients across the Indo-Pacific. Previously, she served as a regional managing director for APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications advisory and advocacy firm, where she led the team across Southeast Asia. She has an extensive background advising clients on public affairs, market entry and investment, issue management, crisis communications, and community and third-party engagement.
Oom helps clients to understand the challenges and opportunities in Indo-Pacific countries in order to become strategically successful in their goals. She is experienced in developing and implementing communication and engagement strategies for companies and industry associations in the tourism, automotive, energy, consumer goods and healthcare sectors. She has worked in the government sector, private sector and with international non-government organizations, both at the regional and global level.
Oom was a Starr Foundation Fellowship Recipient at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University, where she received a master’s degree in Southeast Asian studies and international economics. She enjoys balancing her passion to help clients with traveling and spending quality time with her family.
- Senior Director & Interim Managing Director for Southeast Asia, APCO Worldwide Ltd. (Dec 2017-Jan 2019)
- Managing Director for Thailand & Deputy Managing Director for Southeast Asia, APCO Worldwide Ltd. (Sep 2013-Dec 2017)
- Administrative & Management
- Corporate Affairs
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Government Affairs
- Human Resources
- Public Affairs
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Government Affairs
- Public Relations
- Travel & Tourism
- School of Advanced International Studies (2008)— International Relations & Economics
- Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University (2003)— Bachelor of Arts in International Relations