A communications professional for over 30 years, Orly’s expertise as a writer and producer gives him a combination of skills that has proven effective in maximizing the effect of various campaigns on print, television, radio and online platforms. He has extensive experience in designing and executing advocacy campaigns for multinational companies in the Philippines. He combines this with his networks in both the mainstream and new media to support the development and crisis management objectives of BGA clients.
Orly joined the Stratbase Consultancy Group in 2007 as its deputy managing director, where he continues to lead the crafting and execution of the messaging, designs and strategic communications campaigns serving the company’s advocacies and client portfolio. He is also executive director of the group’s intelligence arm, the Stratbase Research Institute, and leads its pro-consumer advocacy as convenor of CitizenWatch Philippines.
Prior to joining BGA, Orly worked at the Department of Education as the director for technical services. He led reforms that transformed an analog and paper-based office into the first information and communications technology service which pioneered the department’s computerization programs. In 2005, he transitioned to head the Philippine Integrated Advertising Agency’s Public Relations Group and steered his group’s performance to be the company’s top earner.
Orly majored in speech communications at the University of the Philippines. He later received a scholarship from the Asian Institute of Management’s Senior Management Program of the Department of Education.
In addition to his work at BGA and Stratbase, he is a columnist with a regular Monday column “Open Thoughts” at the Manila Standard newspaper.
- Deputy Managing Director, Philippines Startbase Consultancy, Inc. (2018 – Present)
- Executive Director, Philippines Startbase Consultancy, Inc. (2007 – Present)
- Head of PR Communications Group, Philippine Integrated Advertising Agency, Inc. (2005 – 2007)
- Director III, Service Chief, Technical Service, Department of Education in the Philippines (1999 – 2005)
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations
- Asian Institute of Management (2000)— Senior Manager Program
- University of the Philippines (1979 – 1985)— Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications and Drama