Persis is a compassionate leader and skillful mentor. She is known for her expertise in policy and business across Asia, with a special focus on South Asia. She manages BGA’s South Asia business, including building and empowering our teams around the region and working closely with clients to develop and implement sound strategies. Based on her experience and skill, she is also a key member of BGA’s managing executive committee.
Before joining BGA she helped build Washington’s first think tank program dedicated specifically to U.S.-India policy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, and in her role as the program’s Fellow, she wrote and spoke about a wide range of political, economic and development issues facing India. Like many BGA leaders, her early roots were working with the Asia Foundation. A native Palo Altan, she has studied, travelled and lived around the world, including in India and Japan, two countries whose foods still dominate her palate. Persis and her husband Kapil are the proud parents of two amazing children, Rohan and Laila, and their hound dog Coco.
- Managing Director, South Asia, BowerGroupAsia
- Helped build Washington’s first think tank program dedicated to US-India relations at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, steering policymaker attention to increase focus on economic matters.
- South Asia
- Sri Lanka
- Supporting stronger relations between the US and South Asian countries, the political economy of South Asia
- Meiji Gakuin University (1998)– Global Security & amp; Economic Development Program.
- University of California, San Diego (1996-2000)—BA, Political Science; International Relations.
- The George Washington University (2004-2007)—MA, International Affairs; Foreign Policy; Security Studies.
- Corporate Council for the Dean of the George Washington University Business School
- Directed a signature project of the CSIS India program entitled the “Emerging Indian Economy Signature Series”, 2011-2013 https://www.csis.org/programs/wadhwani-chair-us-india-policy-studies/past-india-chair-projects/emerging-indian-economy
- Wrote various reports for the US-India Insight and Critical Questions series for CSIS, on topics ranging from women in India’s workforce to innovation to economic challenges, 2011-2014