Director, Client Services
Adib is responsible for conceptualizing and designing strategic solutions for BGA’s clients across the Indo-Pacific. He has served multinational companies from various industries including digital services, information and communications technology, fast moving consumer goods, financial services, mining and healthcare. Two of his major achievements include orchestrating the lifting of the suspension of a company’s halal certification in Malaysia and the reinstatement of a multinational’s certificate of origin.
Adib regularly shares his political analysis and insights with the media and at closed-door briefings. He has been interviewed by the New York Times, Reuters, CNBC, The Straits Times and Channel NewsAsia for his views on developments in Malaysia. He has spoken at various C-level forums such as those organized by the Economist Corporate Network and has made presentations to regional civil service training programs and briefings organized by multinational investment banks and fund management companies.
Prior to joining the private sector, Adib was a political analyst with the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, where he supported the mission in pursuing British foreign policy priorities and commercial interests in Malaysia. He previously worked as a journalist in Malaysia covering domestic politics and current affairs.
Adib holds a master’s degree in international relations with distinction from the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom where he conducted research on the national security issues facing Thailand and Singapore.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Associate, Vriens & Partners (Sep 2013-Nov 2018)
- Political Analyst at the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK (Mar 2011-Aug 2013)
- Reporter, The Malaysian Insider (Jul 2008-Feb 2011)
Areas of Expertise
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Food & Beverage
- Travel & Tourism
- Corporate Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Public Affairs
- University of Nottingham (2018)— Master of Arts in International Relations with Distinction
Selected Publications and Presentations
- “From Council Flats to Government Quarters: GE 14 in Urban Malay Constituencies” in Hutchinson, F. & Lee, H.A. (Eds.). “The Defeat of Barisan Nasional: Missed Signs or Late Surge,” (pp. 191-208) Singapore: ISEAS Yusof Ishak Institute, December 2019
Insights & News
Continuity, Stability and Security Under Xi Are Key Themes for 2023 “Two Sessions”
Chinese Communist Party (CCP) General Secretary Xi Jinping addresses journalists at the Great Hall of …
AUKUS Announcement Shifts Australia’s Strategic, Industrial and Workforce Dial
The BGA Australia Team, led by Managing Director Michael “Mick” McNeill, wrote an update for …
India’s Northeast State Election Results Consolidate BJP’s Political Dominance
The BGA India Team led by Managing Director Ratan Shrivastava, wrote an update to clients …