Aldwin provides BGA clients in the Indo-Pacific strategic advisory support through market intelligence and insights on relevant issues and players. He drafts risk mitigation plans and creates and implements advocacy strategies to achieve companies’ public policy priorities. He identifies and helps establish partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders.
Aldwin’s expertise is policy, regulatory and political analysis in the natural resources and heavy industry sectors, including oil and gas, renewable energy, agribusiness and manufacturing. He has led high-level engagement on Malaysia’s healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, including managing relations with key interlocutors and developing advocacy and mitigation strategies that advanced policy positions supportive of pharmaceutical industry objectives.
Aldwin holds a master’s degree from George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs, specializing in private sector development. He received his Bachelor of Arts in international affairs from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Aldwin grew up in Indonesia. Since moving to the United States, he has played an active role in strengthening relations between the Indonesian diaspora and the international community in the Washington, D.C., area and his hometown of Jakarta.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Analyst, AkarAsia (August 2019-March 2020)
- Academic Research Consultant, US-ASEAN Business Council (November 2018-April 2019)
- Content & Analystics Researcher, AkarAsia (May 2018-May 2019)
- Research Assistant in Indonesia, BowerGroupAsia (August 2016-August 2017)
Areas of Expertise
- ANZ & The Pacific
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Government Affairs
- Public Relations
- Corporate Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Marketing Policy
- Public Affairs
- Research & Development
- The George Washington University (May 2019)— Masters of Arts in International Development Studies
- University of Colorado Boulder (May 2016)— Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs
- Board Member, BasaBali Youth Council
- Former President of The Indonesian Student Association (2018-2019)
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "No More Blackouts: ‘Smart City’ Jakarta needs a smarter Grid" - The Diplomat, 10 August 2019
Insights & News
Timor-Leste Opposition’s Election Win Heralds Political Stability
The BGA Timor-Leste Team, led by Senior Adviser Amb. Ian Kemish, recently wrote an update on …
China’s AI Draft Regulation Addresses Global Concerns and Boosts National Security
The BGA China Team, led by Haiying Yuan, recently wrote an update on China’s draft regulation …
PNG Remains Pacific Lodestar Despite Canceled US Visit
The BGA Papua New Guinea Team, led by Senior Adviser Amb. Ian Kemish, recently wrote an …