Aldwin provides BGA clients in the Indo-Pacific strategic advisory support through market intelligence and insights on relevant issues and players. He drafts risk mitigation plans and creates and implements advocacy strategies to achieve companies’ public policy priorities. He identifies and helps establish partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders.
Aldwin’s expertise is policy, regulatory and political analysis in the natural resources and heavy industry sectors, including oil and gas, renewable energy, agribusiness and manufacturing. He has led high-level engagement on Malaysia’s healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, including managing relations with key interlocutors and developing advocacy and mitigation strategies that advanced policy positions supportive of pharmaceutical industry objectives.
Aldwin holds a master’s degree from George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs, specializing in private sector development. He received his Bachelor of Arts in international affairs from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Aldwin grew up in Indonesia. Since moving to the United States, he has played an active role in strengthening relations between the Indonesian diaspora and the international community in the Washington, D.C., area and his hometown of Jakarta.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Analyst, AkarAsia (August 2019-March 2020)
- Academic Research Consultant, US-ASEAN Business Council (November 2018-April 2019)
- Content & Analystics Researcher, AkarAsia (May 2018-May 2019)
- Research Assistant in Indonesia, BowerGroupAsia (August 2016-August 2017)
Areas of Expertise
- ANZ & The Pacific
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Government Affairs
- Public Relations
- Corporate Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Marketing Policy
- Public Affairs
- Research & Development
- The George Washington University (May 2019)— Masters of Arts in International Development Studies
- University of Colorado Boulder (May 2016)— Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs
- Board Member, BasaBali Youth Council
- Former President of The Indonesian Student Association (2018-2019)
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "No More Blackouts: ‘Smart City’ Jakarta needs a smarter Grid" - The Diplomat, 10 August 2019
The BGA Pakistan Team, led by Senior Advisor Aniq Zafar, wrote an update to clients on the International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout to Pakistan amid the fallout from the country’s …
The BGA Australia Team, led by Managing Director Fergus Hanson, wrote an update to clients on Australia’s release of new ICT and cybersecurity strategies from the Defense Department. Context Australia’s …
The BGA Malaysia Team, led by Managing Director Hazree Turee, wrote an update to clients on the decision by Malaysia’s federal court to uphold former Prime Minister Najib’s conviction and jail sentence. …