Judith advises and supports strategic planning and analysis for clients operating throughout the Indo-Pacific region in her role as a senior director for client services.
Judith supported U.S.-Indonesia security cooperation at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) prior to joining BGA. In this capacity, she worked with members of the Indonesian National Armed Forces and Ministry of Defense, and the U.S. Office of Defense Cooperation in Jakarta. During her time at NPS, she also advised the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations on strategic planning.
Judith has strong Indonesian language capabilities, having spent several years studying and working in Indonesia on a Fulbright Scholarship, U.S. Department of Defense National Security Education Program Boren Scholarship and U.S. State Department Critical Language Scholarship. She has used her regional expertise and language skills to plan and implement defense cooperation programs, including the first-ever ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting-Plus Counter-Terrorism Exercise in Indonesia.
Judith brings experience analyzing economic and trade-related issues from her earlier work at the U.S. Department of Labor and the European Parliament. Prior to that, she worked in the Plasma Physics Division of the Naval Research Laboratory, conducting research to enhance solid-state laser technology.
Judith holds a master’s degree in defense decision-making and planning, with a focus on Southeast Asian security studies, from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School. She graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Rochester with a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Director, BowerGroupAsia (Jan 2020-Present)
- Director, BowerGroupAsia (Jan 2017-Dec 2019)
- Research Director, BowerGroupAsia (Sep 2014-Dec 2016)
- Research Assistant, Center on Contemporary Conflict, Naval Postgraduate School (Jan 2012-Sep 2014)
Areas of Expertise
- ANZ & The Pacific
- Government Affairs
- Corporate Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Research & Development
- Naval Postgraduate School (2012-2014)— Master of Arts Degree in Security Studies (Defense Decision-Making and Planning)
- University of Rochester (2006-2010)— Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science
- Volunteer, Martha’s Table
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Golden Key International Honor Society
- Member, US-Indonesia Society
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of U.S. Fulbright Scholarship (Aug 2010)
- Recipient of U.S. State Department Critical Language Scholarship (Jun 2010)
- Recipient of National Security Education Program David L. Boren Undergraduate Scholarship (Jun 2008)
BGA’s India team, led by Managing Director Ratan Shrivastava, wrote an update on India’s 2023 presidency of the Group of Twenty (G-20) and the implications for the development for clients …
BGA’s Malaysia team, led by Managing Director Hazree Turee, wrote an update to clients on the initial results from Malaysia’s tightest election contest in the country’s history which produced the …
The BGA Australia Team led by Managing Director Fergus Hanson, wrote an update to clients on the release of a new report that could shape ongoing dynamics on digital platform competition. Context The …