Huong provides analysis and briefings on legal and policy issues and supports clients in stakeholder mapping and network development.
Before joining BGA, Huong managed the Joint United Nations Program on Green Production and Trade in Vietnam. The program provided support to generate income and employment for thousands of farmers and small and medium enterprises in northern Vietnam. The program was considered one of the most successful joint UN programs implemented globally.
Huong has nearly a decade of experience in working for international development projects funded by different donors including the Japan International Cooperation Agency, the European Union and the United Nations. She worked in areas ranging from primary education to the World Trade Organization and international trade policies and handicraft sector development.
Huong earned a bachelor’s degree in international relations from the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam in 2003, and a master’s degree in development studies from the University of Melbourne in Australia in 2009.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Manager, BowerGroupAsia (2013-Present)
- National Program Coordinator, International Trade Center for the United Nations Joint Program on Green Production and Trade to Increase Income and Employment Opportunities for the Rural Poor (Jul 2010-Jun 2013)
- National Coordinator, APEC Micro-Enterprise Network Development Project Phase IV: “Increasing Women’s Participation in the Value Chain” (Jan-Jul 2010)
- Project Officer, Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam (Mar 2006-Jun 2008)
Areas of Expertise
- Government Affairs
- Not for Profit
- Travel & Tourism
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Government Affairs
- The University of Melbourne (2008-2009)— Master of Development Studies
- Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (1999-2003)— Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
BGA’s India team, led by Managing Director Ratan Shrivastava, wrote an update on India’s 2023 presidency of the Group of Twenty (G-20) and the implications for the development for clients …
BGA’s Malaysia team, led by Managing Director Hazree Turee, wrote an update to clients on the initial results from Malaysia’s tightest election contest in the country’s history which produced the …
The BGA Australia Team led by Managing Director Fergus Hanson, wrote an update to clients on the release of a new report that could shape ongoing dynamics on digital platform competition. Context The …