Yong supports BGA clients with financial and economic analysis, strategic planning and market research. Yong joined BGA initially as an intern, assisting the team in stakeholder mapping, conducting assessments of the healthcare landscape and providing data analysis. Earlier he served as an intern with the Financial Planning Association of Malaysia, conducting surveys with well-known financial planning firms and providing succinct summaries to Securities Commission Malaysia.
Yong earned a bachelor’s degree in financial economics from UCSI University in Kuala Lumpur. He further built his skillset through involvement in financial competitions and challenges including trust proposals with fund analysis, social project proposals for the Ministry of Education and stock valuation projects for an oil and gas company.
- Intern, BowerGroupAsia (Jun-Oct 2020)
- Industry Communication Intern, Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (Nov 2018-Jan 2019)
- Administration Executive, PBS Marketing and Management Sdn Bhd (Mar-Aug 2017)
- Accounting & Finance
- Medical Devices
- UCSI University (2020)— Bachelor of Financial Economics
- Asia Pacific University (2017)— Foundation in Business and Finance
- First Prize of Tan Sri Dr Omar Harmony Award (Oct 2019)
- First Runner-Up of Areca Challenge 2018 (Jul 2018)
- Best Project Award in Scholar Enrichment Program 101 (Jun 2018)