A prominent figure in the Myanmar business community, Zaw Naing works with BGA clients to help them understand and navigate the country’s dynamic and emerging regulatory and investment environment. Zaw Naing has a particular focus on innovation, sustainability and social responsibility that has been recognized regionally. His networks extend across government, professional associations, development partners and donors, NGOs and the private sector.
Zaw Naing is an active leader in a number of industry associations in Myanmar. He is vice chair of the infrastructure working group in the Myanmar Business Forum, established between the government of Myanmar and the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI) with support from the International Finance Corporation. He is a member of the Myanmar Engineering Society, the Myanmar Oil and Gas Services Society, the Myanmar Computer Professionals Association and the Myanmar Business Executives Association, of which he is a founding member.
Zaw Naing works for economic development while advocating for sustainability, inclusivity and resilience. He serves as the coordinating board member of the Green Economy Green Growth Association (Myanmar), which hosts the ASEAN Institute for Green Economy. Zaw Naing believes that education is the foundation for the future. He founded and serves as the general secretary of the Zanaka Education Foundation and is an advisory board member of the Center for Vocational Training.
In addition to his role at BGA, Zaw Naing is the founder and CEO of Mandalay Technology, a leading technological and engineering solutions and services provider for government ministries, regional governments, city development committees, private companies and international organizations. He has led Mandalay Technology to achieve prominent awards for its work including the Gold Award in Corporate Social Responsibility at the ASEAN ICT Awards.
Zaw Naing graduated with an electronic engineering degree from the Yangon Institute of Technology, an executive MBA from the Yangon Institute of Economics and a PhD from the National Institute of Development Administration in Bangkok, Thailand. He is an ASEAN-registered engineer. He was a Humphrey fellow at the Center for Advanced Studies on International Development at Michigan State University and a member of the International Economic Development Council.
Zaw Naing and his wife, Thu Zar, delight in the joys and challenges of parenthood with their two sons, Ti Tant and Thuu Thant.
- Managing Director, Mandalay Technology and Development Company Limited (1999 – Present)
- Chief Representative, Royal Haskoning DHV Myanmar (Jun 2012 – Jun 2016)
- Consultant, Global Information Communication Technology (GICT) Division of the World Bank (May 2009 – Aug 2009)
- Country Manager, Credent Technology Myanmar (1998 – 2008)
- Corporate Affairs
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Government Affairs
- Human Resources
- Public Affairs
- Research & Development
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Government Affairs
- Not for Profit
- Social Networking
- Think Tank
- National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), Bangkok, Thailand (2011 – 2018)— PH.D. in Human Resources & Organizational Development
- Michigan State University (2008 – 2009)— Humphrey Fellow, International Development
- Yangon Institute Economics (2002 – 2004)— Master of Business Administration
- Yangon Institute of Technology (1990 – 1996)— Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics
- Founder and General Secretary, Zanaka Education Foundation (Jun 2019 – Present)
- Executive Committee Member, Myanmar Oil and Gas Services Society (Nov 2016 – Present)
- Founding Member of Myanmar Business Executives Association (April 2008 – Present)
- Executive Committee Member at Myanmar Engineering Society (May 2011 – May 2013)