Executive Assistant to the CEO and CSO
Dung handles the administrative operations of our Asia offices, including in-processing and out-processing of overseas employees, managing their contract renewals and coordinating benefits and handbooks. Dung coordinates and monitors the overseas budgets, including processing payroll and expense reimbursement and coordinating travel requests.
Dung has a long background in finance, accounting, administrative support and events coordination with government agencies, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. Prior to joining BGA, Dung worked on the University of Canberra’s finance and business services operations team, where she managed the university’s corporate credit card facility. Dung has also worked as an equity analyst at UBS Securities Thailand, reporting on top Vietnamese companies and the investment climate in Vietnam.
Dung also worked in the public affairs section of the U.S. Embassy in Singapore, where she administered the Fulbright Scholarship program and organized and recruited embassy officers for public speaking programs. Earlier, she served in the consular section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. During this period, Dung also worked on the successful APEC summit visit to Hanoi by President George W. Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in 2006.
Dung was a program specialist from 2002 to 2005 with the U.S.–Vietnam Trade Council in Washington, D.C., where she co-organized more than a dozen study missions hosting Vietnamese delegations in Washington on technical assistance programs related to the U.S.-Vietnam bilateral trade agreement, the World Trade Organization and other trade and investment issues.
Dung holds a master’s degree in financial analysis from the University of San Francisco and earned a bachelor’s degree from Ho Chi Minh City’s University of Economics. She speaks Vietnamese and is conversational in Thai.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Manager— HR & Finance, BowerGroupAsia (May 2016-Current)
- Operations Officer, University of Canberra in Australia (Sep 2012-Feb 2015)
- Program Specialist, U.S. Embassy in Singapore (March 2009-June 2011)
- Equity Analyst, UBS Securities— Thailand (Sep 2007-Jun 2008)
- Office Manager and Executive Assistance to Consul General at US Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (Sep 2006-Sep 2007)
- Program Specialist, U.S.-Vietnam Trade Council, Washington, DC (Feb 2002-Jun 2005)
- Legal Assistant, Baker & McKenzie, HCMC, Vietnam (Sep 1996-Jun 2000)
Areas of Expertise
- Hong Kong
- Administrative and Corporate Finance
- Human Resources
- Accounting & Finance
- Administrative & Management
- Human Resources
- University of San Francisco (Class of 2008)— Master of Science in Financial Analysis
Insights & News
Sri Lanka’s IMF Bailout Starts Long Road to Recovery
The BGA Sri Lanka team led by Senior Advisor Chullanté Jayasuriya, wrote an update to …
Philippine President Marcos Jr.’s Foreign Policy Emphasizes Cooperation
The BGA Philippines Team, led by Managing Director Dindo Manhit, wrote an update for clients …
Continuity, Stability and Security Under Xi Are Key Themes for 2023 “Two Sessions”
Chinese Communist Party (CCP) General Secretary Xi Jinping addresses journalists at the Great Hall of …