Vaman works with BGA clients across the Asia-Pacific to help them navigate and understand the public policy and strategic communications landscape in the countries where they operate. He brings a strong background in South Asia and is responsible for ensuring that client needs are met in a comprehensive and timely manner. Based in Mumbai, India, he serves as a linchpin for engagement in Maharashtra and surrounding states.
Prior to joining BGA in its Washington, D.C. office, Vaman served as a marketing executive with the Commercial Wing of the Indian Embassy in Washington. At the embassy, he focused on U.S.-India bilateral trade issues and cultivated relationships with the South Asian business community.
Before coming to the United States, Vaman served as a policy analyst to India’s minister of state for finance. During this time, he identified investment and business opportunities in India for global executives and companies. Earlier, Vaman worked as a LAMP fellow, serving as a legislative aide to a member of Parliament on public policy issues. He is well versed with the intricacies of India’s parliamentary procedures and federal polity.
Vaman received a master’s degree from Georgetown University’s McCourt School of Public Policy in 2018. As a member of the South Asia Policy Research Institute and the Georgetown India Initiative, he organized major policy conferences and hosted South Asian dignitaries at the university. Vaman holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a post graduate degree in finance from the Institute of Charted Financial Analysts of India. He speaks Hindi, Urdu and elementary Marathi.
Prior Professional Experience
- Marketing Executive, Embassy of India in Washington DC (Apr 2018-Oct 2018)
- Policy Analyst to Honorable Minister of State, Ministry of Finance— Government of India (May 2015-Jun 2016)
- Legislative Assistant to Member of Parliament, PRS Legislative Research (Apr 2014-May 2015)
- Program Associate, Pratham Institute (Apr 2013-May 2014)
Areas of Expertise
- South Asia
- Government Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Georgetown University (2016-2018)— Master of Public Policy and International Trade
- ICFAI Business School (2011-2013)— Post Graduate Programme in Management, Finance
- Visvesvaraya Technological University (2006-2010)— Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics
- LAMP Fellowship Alumni Network
- Georgetown India Initiative
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "After Covid-19 – Manufacturing India’s New Economic Potential" - The Diplomat, 29 April 2020
BGA’s India team, led by Managing Director Ratan Shrivastava, wrote an update on India’s 2023 presidency of the Group of Twenty (G-20) and the implications for the development for clients …
BGA’s Malaysia team, led by Managing Director Hazree Turee, wrote an update to clients on the initial results from Malaysia’s tightest election contest in the country’s history which produced the …
The BGA Australia Team led by Managing Director Fergus Hanson, wrote an update to clients on the release of a new report that could shape ongoing dynamics on digital platform competition. Context The …