BowerGroupAsia’s India team, led by Managing Director Ratan Shrivastava, wrote an update to clients on the upcoming India Energy Week – the first major event under India’s Group of 20 (G-20) presidency. This comes ahead of BGA India’s active participation in this significant event.
- India Energy Week will be held in Bengaluru and provide an opportune moment to strengthen dialogue and foster collaboration in India’s emerging energy landscape. The event is organized by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, and officially supported by the Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry — a leading industry body for oil and gas entities. It is expected to feature participation from all public sector undertakings.
- The event coincides with two other significant G-20 meetings taking place in Bengaluru: the first Energy Working Group meeting from February 5-7 and the first Environment and Climate Working Group meeting from February 8-10.
- India Energy Week will host key stakeholders. This includes leading government and industry leaders, including India’s Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Puri, ministerial delegations from the UAE and Bangladesh and participation by global and Indian energy industry players.
- Conversations at the event will likely revolve around several themes and areas of focus for the Indian government. These include energy accessibility, technology innovation and knowledge transfer.
- that are driving India’s energy transition and addressing the challenges of energy security, decarbonization and environmental sustainability.
- Looking ahead, companies should watch for measures by the Indian government to strengthen the policy landscape. In the coming month, industry players and relevant stakeholders can expect the Union Budget 2023-24 to contain key announcements to support India’s energy transition. These will build on significant policy advancements already made across solar, green hydrogen and energy storage systems.
BGA is participating at India Energy Week and will continue to keep you updated on the relevant developments. If you have questions or comments, please contact BGA India Managing Director Ratan Shrivastava at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratan is a senior executive and management consulting professional who has a proven track record in government, consulting and industry across India and Southeast Asia, with a wide network across stakeholders. He has been instrumental in developing and implementing growth strategies for both the public and private sector and has led diverse teams to secure new market opportunities. Prior to joining BGA, Ratan was at KPMG India where he helped the integration of the small and medium industry clusters, with the domestic and global aerospace, defense and space supply chains. He also served as an advisor at the Federation of ... Read More