Managing Director, Singapore
Nydia brings over a decade of experience working at the forefront of international affairs and international trade issues in the Asia-Pacific, with the majority of her career prior to BGA spent working for the Singapore government.
Nydia most recently managed the China Program at the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in Washington, D.C., where she brought together technical, business and policy leaders to find solutions to issues affecting U.S.-China trading relations to strengthen U.S. market access in China. She provided member organizations with coverage of policy and reform issues, and furthered ANSI’s relationships with counterpart organizations in China.
Positioned in Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) for over six years, Nydia represented Singapore in negotiations for free trade agreements, bilateral investment treaties and at the World Trade Organization. Serving as a negotiator on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) remains a highlight of her career.
Nydia served as first secretary (economics) at the Embassy of Singapore in Washington from 2014 to 2017, managing U.S.-Singapore economic and trade relations in addition to advocating for the TPP in the U.S. Congress. Prior to her time at MTI, Nydia worked for the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, managing international relations with Europe and Latin America, and working on international aviation environment issues.
Nydia holds a master’s degree in international relations from the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies at the Nanyang Technological University and an honors degree in political science from the National University of Singapore. She also speaks Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese and elementary French.
Prior Professional Experience
- Program Manager for International Development, American National Standards Institute (Sep 2017-Aug 2018)
- Senior Assistant Director for International Trade Cluster, Singapore- Ministry of Trade and Industry (March 2011- Sep 2017)
- First Secretary (Economics), Embassy of Singapore in Washington DC (April 2014-April 2017)
- Assistant Manager for International Relations, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (Oct 2009- March 2011)
Areas of Expertise
- Government Affairs
- Public Relations
- Travel & Tourism
- Government Affairs
- Public Affairs
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (2008-2009)— Masters of Science in International Relations
- National University of Singapore (2004-2008)— Bachelor of Social Science in Political Science with Honors
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "Singapore to see record number of women enter Parliament after GE2020" - Quoted - Channel News Asia, 18 July 2020
- "Singapore election: hard truths for the PAP as voters deny ruling party an easy ride into power" - Quoted - This Week in Asia, 11 July 2020
- "GE2020: SPP has ‘uphill battle’ in Potong Pasir, but has done well in outreach, analysts say" - Quoted - Channel News Asia, 27 June 2020
Insights & News From Nydia Ngiow
Singapore Prioritizes National Unity and Economic Transformation in Annual Rally
The BGA Singapore Team led by Managing Director Nydia Ngiow, wrote an update to clients on the key …
Singapore Selects New Next Generation Leader
BowerGroupAsia’s Singapore team, led by Managing Director Nydia Ngiow, released an update on Singapore’s selection of …
What Singapore’s New Cabinet Reshuffle Means
BGA Singapore Senior Director Nydia Ngiow wrote an update to clients on the country’s cabinet reshuffle on April …