Unchana is an expert on international and regional trade, economics and investment. While serving as a senior advisor for BGA clients in Thailand, she is also a senior lecturer at Chulalongkorn University, Kasetsart University, Ramkhamhaeng University and the National Institute of Development Administration.
Unchana comes to BGA following a long career in the Thai government where she held a series of high-level leadership positions in trade and investment. She participated in negotiating the ASEAN Free Trade Area, the ASEAN Economic Community, the ASEAN-India Free Trade Area, the World Trade Organization Doha Round and the Thailand-Europe free trade agreement. She has particular expertise in the use of tariff preferences and international investment promotion.
Unchana’s career in the Thai government culminated with an appointment as inspector general of the Ministry of Commerce from 2010 to 2012. Previously, she served as deputy director general for the Department of Trade Negotiations (2007 and 2010) and as deputy director general for the Department of Foreign Trade (2007-10). She was also a senior expert on Trade Measures in the Department of Trade Negotiations and director of the Bureau of ASEAN Trade and Economic Affairs.
Unchana holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Thailand’s Chulalongkorn University and a master’s degree in public and private management programs from the National Institute of Development. She holds multiple diplomas and certificates in security studies from the National Defense College of Thailand.
Prior Professional Experience
- Advisor, BigC Supercenter Company (2017-2020)
- Advisor, TCC Intertrade Group (2013-2016)
- Inspector General, Office of the Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Commerce (2010-2012)
- Deputy Director General, Department of Trade Negotiation (2010) and the Department of Foreign Trade (2007-2010) Under the Ministry of Commerce
Areas of Expertise
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- Government Affairs
- National Defense College of Thailand (2004)— Diploma
- National Institute of Development Administration (2002-2003)— Master of Public Administration, Public and Private Management Program
- Chulalongkorn University (1971-1974)— Bachelor of Economics, International Economics and Finance
- Vice President, Thai Retailers Association (2020-2021)
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce in the Standing Committee on Commerce,Industry and Labour, National Legistive Assembly (2016-2018)
Honors and Awards
- Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Exalted of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand (Dec 2009)
- Knight Grand Cordon (First Class) of the Most Exalted of the Most Noble Order of the White Elephant (Dec 2004)
Officials from more than 190 nations will meet in Dubai for two weeks beginning November …
The BGA Australia Team, led by Managing Director Michael “Mick” McNeill, wrote an update to …
Below is an introductory letter from BGA President and CEO Ernie Bower on the company’s …