Based in Sydney, Australia, Apoorva works with BGA teams around the globe to provide research support for clients across the region.
Prior to joining BGA, Apoorva worked as a communications officer at the United States Studies Centre in Sydney where she managed media and stakeholder databases, developed digital and multimedia strategy and produced the center’s 2020 Vision podcast.
Apoorva fine-tuned her research, analytical and editorial skills as an editor at the Lowy Institute for The Interpreter daily digest and as an editor and digital content producer at the Australian Journal of International Affairs for the Australian Outlook online publication. At Amnesty International, she conducted research and produced a longform report.
Originally from New Zealand, Apoorva received her master’s in international relations from the Australia National University. She earned a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in politics and French from the University of Auckland, New Zealand. She spent a year studying political science at the Paris Institute of Political Science in France. Apoorva speaks fluent Telegu and is conversational in French and Hindi.
Prior Professional Experience
- Communications Officer, United States Studies Centre (May 2019- October 2019)
- Editor, Lowy Institute (Jan 2018- May 2019)
- Book Review Editor and Digital Content Producer, Australian Journal of International Affairs (Jan 2018- May 2019)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Australian National University (2018)
Areas of Expertise
- ANZ & The Pacific
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Timor L’este
- Government Affairs
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
- Think Tank
- Government Affairs
- Research & Development
- Australian National University (2017)— Master of International Relations with High Distinction
- University of Auckland (2016)— Bachelor of Honours Politics and International Relations
- Sciences Po, Paris Institute of Political Studies (2015)— International Relations
- University of Auckland (2013- 2015)— Bachelor of Arts in Politics and International Relations
Insights & News
Timor-Leste Opposition’s Election Win Heralds Political Stability
The BGA Timor-Leste Team, led by Senior Adviser Amb. Ian Kemish, recently wrote an update on …
China’s AI Draft Regulation Addresses Global Concerns and Boosts National Security
The BGA China Team, led by Haiying Yuan, recently wrote an update on China’s draft regulation …
PNG Remains Pacific Lodestar Despite Canceled US Visit
The BGA Papua New Guinea Team, led by Senior Adviser Amb. Ian Kemish, recently wrote an …