Legislative and Regulatory Analyst
A member of the Thai bar, Wisa specializes in analyzing Thai government public policy across a range of sectors with an ability to understand and decipher in-depth the legislative and regulatory issues BGA clients face.
Wisa began practicing law in Thailand in 2000, with leading law firms such as KPMG and White & Case. She provided legal and tax advice to many public and multinational companies in such fields as corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, foreign investment, investment promotion, labor and dispute settlement.
Wisa also participated in the research and revision of narcotics laws for the Thai Ministry of Justice and the project initiated by Princess Bajrakitiyabha Mahidol of Thailand to implement standard minimum rules for the treatment of prisoners, known as the “Nelson Mandela Rules.”
Wisa earlier served as a special lecturer in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Suansunandha Rajabhat University where she specialized in legislative research, foreign investment policy and business issues.
Wisa holds a Master of Laws from Southern Methodist University School of Law in Texas and a Bachelor of Laws from Thammasat University School of Law in Bangkok.
Prior Professional Experience
- Director, W Legal Consultant Company Ltd. (2014-2020)
- Senior Lawyer, Asian Legal and Tax Strategies Ltd. (2011-2014)
- Senior Lawyer, S.A.T. Associates Legal & Tax Company Ltd. (2007-2011)
- Senior Lawyer, Johnson Stokes & Master (Thailand) Ltd. (2006-2007)
Areas of Expertise
- Government Affairs
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Dallas, Texas (2000-2001)— Master of Laws in Comparative and International Law
- School of Law, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand (1992-1996)— Bachelor of Law
Insights & News
Sri Lanka’s IMF Bailout Starts Long Road to Recovery
The BGA Sri Lanka team led by Senior Advisor Chullanté Jayasuriya, wrote an update to …
Philippine President Marcos Jr.’s Foreign Policy Emphasizes Cooperation
The BGA Philippines Team, led by Managing Director Dindo Manhit, wrote an update for clients …
Continuity, Stability and Security Under Xi Are Key Themes for 2023 “Two Sessions”
Chinese Communist Party (CCP) General Secretary Xi Jinping addresses journalists at the Great Hall of …