Ryan oversees BGA’s client services, ensuring that BGA clients receive exceptional and consistent support in their work around the Asia-Pacific. An experienced strategic advisor, Ryan has established a track record of counseling global corporations, trade associations, think-tanks, equity and hedge funds to find creative solutions and achieve success in the political economy of the Asia-Pacific and beyond. Prior to his role as vice president, he was a senior director and supported a number of BGA clients in sectors including information and communications technology, financial services, healthcare and consumer products.
Before joining BGA, Ryan spent several years and held many leadership roles at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), where he remains a non-resident senior associate. During his tenure, he developed deep and collaborative relationships with Fortune 100 companies to help them address their international relations challenges and anticipate global risk. Earlier, he led the center’s public affairs efforts including outreach to members of the international media and developing the center’s relationships with the foreign diplomatic corps in Washington, D.C. He also spearheaded the center’s digital strategy and expansion into multimedia production. In recognition of this work, Ryan was named to the Diplomatic Courier’s “Top 99 Under 33” in foreign policy for 2013.
Ryan has travelled the globe, but remains very engaged at home. He is on the board of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington, D.C., as well as the local board of Communities in Schools, the largest community education nonprofit in the United States. He holds an MBA in international strategy from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business and a B.A. in international economics from the University of Missouri in St. Louis. He resides in Washington with his wife Caitlin and son Declan.
- Vice President, BowerGroupAsia
- Worked at the Center for Strategic and International Studies helping connect good foreign policy ideas with decision makers in media, government, civil society, and the private sector.
- Government Relations
- Public Affairs
- Private Equity
- Think Tank
- University of Missouri- Saint Louis—Bachelor of Arts in International economics & International Politics.
- Georgetown University—Master of Business Administration in International Strategy.
- Non-resident Senior Associate of the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).
- Diplomatic Courier’s “Top 99 Under 33” (2013).