Jon supports client services work by providing targeted analysis of trends across the Asia-Pacific and market-specific developments in select markets. Jon first joined BGA as an intern during his graduate studies. With a background in the U.S. government, his work as an intern focused especially on regulations and reforms in South Asia.
Jon previously worked as a paralegal in the criminal section of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division, where he provided research and administrative support on international cartel and price-fixing cases. While at the Department of Justice, he developed a nuanced understanding of the auto parts and roll-on roll-off ocean shipping industries and their supply chains in the Asia-Pacific region.
Jon received a Master of Arts from the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), concentrating in South Asian studies and international economics. He has a Bachelor of Science in foreign service in regional and comparative studies from the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. As a student, he interned at the U.S. embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, where he worked on rule of law assistance programs and development programs. He also interned in the economic section of the U.S. embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka, where he drafted reports on critical industries.
Jon is proficient in reading and speaking Hindi and Urdu, fluent in Spanish and has studied Arabic and Polish.
- Intern, BowerGroupAsia (Sept 2018-Jun 2019)
- Intern—Economic Section, U.S. Embassy in Colombo (June 2018-Aug 2018)
- Paralegal Specialist, U.S. Department of Justice—Antitrust Division (Jun 2014-Aug 2017)
- South Asia
- Sri Lanka
- Research & Development
- Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University (2017-2019)— Master of Arts in South Asian studies and International Economics
- Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University (2010-2014)— Bachelor of Science in Regional and Comparative studies
- U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division Assistant Attorney General Honorary Award (Jun 2015)